Thursday, August 9, 2007

Looking for the Best Place to Stay around East Alabama or Tupelo Mississippi

When dad heard he had a month's worth of business in Tupelo Mississippi I was really glad. I have been wanting to do a little exploring in the area but I realized pretty quickly that Tupelo was not going to enough tourist attractions or educational activities for kids or adults (me) to keep a family occupied .

I knew that I wanted to look around and possibly rent a cabin close by rather than go the motel route. I'm checking on the cabin rentals at Tishomingo park. I've heard that they have an authentic log cabin there that I would like for the kids to see. I think I would enjoy some light hiking with baby in the backpack carrier and hubby could climb a few of the rocks I hear they have there.

With most of the country suffering through a heat wave, cool streams and shady trees sound better than a hot asphalt motel parking lot even if it does have a swimming pool. When I decided to travel with the babies as much as possible before they have to hit the books, my plan was to expose them and us to something other than motels. Meaning, I like historic bed and breakfasts even if it's just for a night or two and when we can afford them or cabins close to recreational areas. The good (and bad ) thing about cabins is that they have kitchenettes and laundry facilities.

Little One is six months old with her sisters a few years older so I also need a place to keep my baby travel diary, journal or blog up to date. I try to type on the laptop or dictate the day's high spots into a recorder for later transcription. Sometimes I have to do things from memory, so bear with me and understand that I'm still in a Pampers state of mental disarray.

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and hope that somebody out there will benefit or enjoy my amateurish but heartfelt ramblings. Please comment, or let me know by adding me to your list of blogs if you have stopped by as I want to include that kind of thing for the girls, too!

No comments: